If you’ve ever been concerned about your digestive health and wondered if you’re getting enough fiber as a part of your diet, you are not alone. There is a widespread fiber deficiency throughout America, and an estimated 95% of Americans do not consume the recommended amounts of fiber, according to National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) data1. That’s because it’s quite difficult to get the daily recommended fiber from just your diet and what you eat.
Do not fear - this is where high quality fiber supplements like Steel Stool come into play. With supplements you can easily add fiber to your chosen diet without increasing the amount of calories or sugar you consume.
What are the types of fiber?
Typical fibers are categorized mainly into 4 types:
- Soluble fiber (meaning it dissolves in water), insoluble fiber (meaning it doesn’t dissolve in water), viscose (meaning it is a gel-forming) and fermentable (meaning bacteria can metabolize it)
Also note that most typical fibers have more than one characteristic, as seen in the comparison chart here.
Are all fiber supplements the same?
The answer is no, not all fiber supplements are the same. The different fiber supplements on the market vary in their ingredients, their quality and of course by their impact and effectiveness on your digestive health.
What are the ingredients of Steel Stool?
Steel Stool is an all-natural vegan fiber supplement for those with protein based diets, made of psyllium husk, cinnamon, chicory, and aloe vera to keep things moving.
- Psyllium Husk: This serves as a prebiotic and facilitates nourishment of bacteria in the lining of the gut, which helps proper digestion.
- Aloe Vera: This naturally contains high amounts of fiber and water, and helps reduce inflammation in the stomach and feeds good bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Cinnamon: This helps reduce stomach’s rate of digestion, which helps normalize blood sugar levels and total cholesterol.
- Chicory: Soluble fiber is the primary type of fiber found in chicory root. This key ingredient helps to slow digestion and eliminate cholesterol from the body.
These power packed ingredients make Steel Stool the best fiber supplement for fitness focused individuals on the market today.
Now that you have a better understanding of the different types of fiber and how the ingredients in Steel Stool can help level up, it’s time to get your sh!t together. As always, we recommend talking to your healthcare provider to discuss how much fiber is right for you. Subscribe today and reach your fiber goals and save the trees! Subscribe here.1 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6124841/